Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fixed Wing??

My dad did some training in fixed wing with a private instructor working out of the local airport. Unfortunately he never finished because the instructor had decided to take a corporate flying job. My dad recently ran into him and told him about my current endeavor. Jim (the instructor) apparently offered to give me some training in Champs if I wanted to build time toward my commercial helicopter license and save a little money. Unfortunately though with the PIC requirements for the commercial license it would only be beneficial to get about five hours in fixed wing anyway. Who knows though...I like anything that flies...maybe ill check it out.


3 comments:

  1. Go back and read part 61 again, Dude, and make sure you're reading it right.
    My reading is that you must have 150 hours total, 100 hours of P.I.C., 100 hours of that in powered aircraft (airplanes?) and at least 50 of it in helicopters. So if this guy is willing to work with you, you can save a ton of money working with him.
    Good luck with your aspirations man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right but in order to log that PIC time I would have to be rated in fixed wing. Unless I worked up to solo which i imagine would take around 15-20 hours. Not Sure if theres a 20hr minimum before solo or anything like the robinson has. Still, he wouldnt let me fly around on his license that long. Im going to crunch the numbers but im thinking its gonna cost just as much if not more to get the add-on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete