Monday, January 5, 2009

Well hello there

Hey folks!
Im new to the whole blogging so hang in there while I iron things out. I plan on the main subject of this blog to be about my helicopter training and hope to be able to update often as i progress through the experiences and ratings. Im hopeful that it will eventually turn into a career in Law Enforcement or EMS, although I think I would enjoy any type of flying.

I started training for my private license back in august of 07. I was in my freshman year in college and after alot of research I decided that i really wanted to learn to fly helicopters. I booked an intro flight and have been absolutely hooked ever since. While it was the most expensive decision I've ever made it is absolutely the best one.

I Just recently finished up my instrument rating. It's said to be the most difficult rating to get through so im glad to have now completed it. I really enjoyed learning the terminology and all of the systems. Its really incredible how all that information and technology can come together to get you where you need to go when you can't see a darn thing. I cant wait to start training for the commercial license. Ive only got about 95 hours now so i plan on burning off some of the required 150 hours by flying a few family members and friends around. The plan is to start the training by the end of January. Ill also be taking three college classes and working part-time on weekends so I will be busy but it's absolutely worth it. During training for my private license I was taking five college courses, working part-time, and playing ice hockey with the universities club team....so im used to busy. And thank god for scholarships or this helicopter thing would never happen. Ill update more soon but please feel free to ask me any question you might have. Happy new year and happy flying!

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get a scholarship from? I'm looking heavily into doing the phpl and going from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scholarship is from the University I go to. Im taking the money i saved for college and putting it all toward the flight training. Ive looked for scholarships for flight training but they're virtually non existant unless you go to a university with an aviation program. By the way good luck in deciding on the flight training. I highly recommend doing it if your willing and able. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Are you looking at any schools in particular?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Military pilot who had sex with an 11 year old boy when he was 17!!!
    A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAD SEX WITH AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT!!! He needs to be on a sexual preditor list.

    And how long did he masterbate and think about having sex with boys? In boot camp? Into his flight training?

    "This person's disturbed." In fact.
    You should have seen what he did to his younger brothers from age 5-8.
    His peers have interesting things to say about him as well.

    ReplyDelete