Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life After CFI

Ive been thinking alot lately about what I would want to do after i got my 1000 hours (the usual requirement to get a "real" flying job). Im really interested in going to Canada or Hawaii...but who wouldnt be. Canada offers an awesome environment with all the high altitude flying and Hawaii is...well Hawaii. I want to try to avoid going the Gulf if I can. I got into flying for the excitement and its just not exciting flying back and forth over the ocean. The US Border patrol only requires 1500 hours total time and they do some pretty awesome work and have some pretty awesome benefits. I would enjoy Vegas tours but for how long? Would I like flying the same route over and over again? I took my first helicopter ride with a tour company out of Vegas and how cool would it be to come full circle and get hired by them?! Its all a very long ways away though...CAN NOT WAIT to start working on my commercial license.

1 comment: